Sunday 24 April 2011

Come alive!



The miracle of Easter is not just that Jesus rose from the grave - the real miracle is that his resurrection means new life for everyone.

Beyond the Easter cry "He is risen",  is God's call to us to take hold of this gift of life.

Today's song is the last in this series for Lent and Holy Week.  It is by Foo Fighters from the album "Echoes, Silence Patience and Grace".

It speaks to me of the transformation which Christ's resurrection has made, and is making, in my life.

"I lay there in the dark, and I closed my eyes
You saved me the day you came alive.
Come alive!

Nothing more to give
I can finally live
Come alive!

Your life into me
I can finally breathe
Come alive!"

God's Easter call to us this Easter is "Come alive!"

No comments:

Post a Comment